SLO Days 2019 Summer Crew
Welcome to Virtual SLO Days 2020
To help ensure everyone's health and safety, and in accordance with public health guidelines, Cal Poly will host Virtual SLO Days this summer for all newly admitted students and their supporters. While we can't be together in one place, we are excited to bring Cal Poly to you.
What is Virtual SLO Days?
Virtual SLO Days is the first half of a comprehensive orientation experience. It's a two-day virtual event that prepares our newest Mustangs (and parents and supporters) for your new college experience! This year's Virtual SLO Days programming will include separate tracks for students and parents/supporters:
- Pre-event: Get ready to be a Mustang - Join us for a brief introductory online session prior to your registered start date. Students must join their SLO Days course in canvas to receive their day of session Zoom links.
- Day 1: Engage and Connect - Our student orientation leaders will guide you through a day of engaging virtual activities, workshops, discussions and definitely sprinkle in some fun. This day is about building community and gaining the knowledge and resources needed to succeed as a Mustang!
- Day 2: Choose your Own Adventure - Explore your own interests through a variety of self-selected workshops, info sessions, and small group panel discussions.
More information about the schedule will be shared prior to your chosen Virtual SLO Days date. Please continue to visit the website and our social media (@cporientation) frequently for updates.
- July 27-28
- July 30-31
- August 3-4
- August 6-7
- August 10-11
- August 12 -13
- August 16-17
- August 20-21 (Newly added)
- August 24-25
- August 31-September 1
Transfer sessions are pre-assigned based on major!
How to Register
Please complete the registration process by July 27, 2020. Please note that your date is not secure until we receive payment for your session.
Regular registration for orientation (both SLO Days and WOW) ends on July 27, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (PST). Anyone who completes registration after 11:59 p.m. (PST) on July 27 will automatically incur a late registration fee of $75 to their orientation package.
Step 1: Accept Your Offer
Accept your Offer of Admission from Cal Poly through your Cal Poly Portal to secure your spot at Cal Poly, which allows you to register for SLO Days and the Week of Welcome (WOW).
Step 2: Pick a Date
Select the date that you and your supporter(s) want to attend. Your date will not be secured until payment is received for your session. Please note that students in certain programs (e.g. Cal Poly Scholars, Educational Opportunity Program, etc.) may have preferred SLO Days sessions to attend.
Step 3: Register for Virtual SLO Days and WOW
To register, students can log into their Cal Poly Portal.
- Click on "Orientation Events" located on the right side of the portal.
- Then click on "Click here to sign up for Orientation 2020" to direct you to the registration site. You may also refer to your checklist, which can be found on your Cal Poly Portal.
If you are unable to virtually attend the date that you are currently registered for, please complete the Orientation Request Form and select from one of the available options.
Step 4: Prepare for the Event
Let's make sure you're ready to go!
Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Your health, wellbeing and safety is our primary commitment. Cal Poly is actively monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are proactively engaged in pandemic planning with our public health partners, including the County of San Luis Obispo Public Health Department and the CDC. Please visit the office Cal Poly coronavirus website often for critical updates and advisories.
Frequently Asked Questions and Support
Do you have any questions? Our student leadership team has the answers. Please visit our FAQs webpage or email us at email@example.com
Highlights from SLO Days 2019
Download the app!
Your SLO Days schedule, arrival information, to-do lists - and more - all at your fingertips in the brand new "Cal Poly Now" mobile app, the official app of Cal Poly Student Affairs.
Download it now and search for the "Orientation 2020" guide (available Summer 2020) and start planning ahead for your upcoming session.