What is SLO Days?
Our Student Life Orientation Days or SLO Days is the first part of the two part orientation series all incoming undergraduate students attend to prepare them for the start of their journey as a new Mustang. Students will learn more about academics and the campus support resources available to them during their collegiate experience.
First-time Freshman and Transfer Students participate in different SLO Days experiences. Parent and supporter SLO Days sessions are offered the same days as the student sessions and are geared toward the parent/supporter experience. Click below to learn about the correct experience for you.
SLO Days is an immersive two day, overnight, summer orientation experience designed to connect students with their peers and the Cal Poly campus.
Each incoming first-time freshman is required to attend one SLO Days Session. During the sessions, students hear from campus resources, engage in actives with their SLO Days group, and begin to prepare for life at Cal Poly.
- July 6–7; Thursday–Friday
- July 10–11; Monday–Tuesday
- July 13–14; Thursday–Friday
- July 17–18; Monday–Tuesday
- July 24–25; Monday–Tuesday
- July 28–29; Friday–Saturday
- Aug 1–2; Tuesday–Wednesday
- Aug 4–5; Friday–Saturday
Virtual Session — Reserved for International and out-of-state students
Supporter Sessions will be held the same dates as the student sessions for both in-person and virtual sessions. Students will register their supporter/guest when they register themselves. Students can register a supporter after they register as well.
Transfer Students SLO Days
Transfer Students attend a one-day virtual SLO Days session to prepare them for class registration. Sessions are pre-assigned to a date bases on major. Students meet with their College advisors to prepare them for class registration the following week. Key speakers include: The Transfer Center, University Advising, the Office of the Registrar, and College Advisors.
Virtual Transfer Sessions
- August 9; Wednesday
- August 10; Thursday
Supporter Sessions will be held the same dates as the student session for virtual sessions. Students can register their supporter/guest when they register themselves or after they register as well.
How to Register
SLO Days reservations will open in the beginning of April 2023. Please note that your date is not secured until we receive payment for your session.
Step 1: Accept Your Offer
Accept your Offer of Admission from Cal Poly through your Cal Poly Portal to secure your spot, which allows you to register for SLO Days and the Week of Welcome (WOW).
Step 2: Pick a Session Date
Select the date that you and your supporter(s) want to attend. Your date will not be secured until payment is received for your session. Please note that students in certain programs (e.g. Cal Poly Scholars, Educational Opportunity Program, etc.) may have preferred SLO Days sessions to attend. See the Special Programs section below for more details.
Step 3: Register for SLO Days or Transfer Advising Days and WOW
To register, students can log into their Cal Poly Portal.
- Click on "Orientation Events" located on the right side of the portal.
- Then click on "Click here to sign up for Orientation 2023" to direct you to the registration site. You may also refer to your checklist, which can be found on your Cal Poly Portal.
Step 4: Prepare for Your Session
Let's make sure you're ready to go!
Cal Poly Scholars SLO Days
Specific Cal Poly Scholars SLO Days sessions dates will be announced before registration is live.
Learn more about Cal Poly Scholars here.
Educational Opportunity Program
Learn more about Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) here.
- For students who applied to EOP, we ask that you sign-up for SLO Days beginning in mid-April.
- Students accepted into EOP are expected to attend a designated SLO Days session. All selected participants will only be able to sign-up for these mandatory dates. For any questions regarding this, please contact EOP at email@example.com.
- If you have declined participation in EOP, please log back into your orientation account to find any incurred fees. This information can be accessed through the "Orientation Events" tab in your MyCalPoly Portal. A new price for SLO Days will be reflected in your account.
- Please note: This is an application-based program. All participants must have already applied to the Educational Opportunity Program though Cal State Apply and received acceptance. Students unsure of their status in EOP should check their email for notification or reach out to the program directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLO Days Fees
- First Year Students
The fee for new first year students cover the access to workshops and presentations throughout the session, advising materials, day-of schedule, parking, meals (day 1: lunch, dinner; day 2: continental breakfast), one night of housing in the residence halls, program staffing and access to the Pre and Post online orientation platform — The Transition Toolkit for New First Year Students.
Virtual SLO Days for Students includes all of the above except meals, residence halls and in-person interaction with staff.
- Parents & Supporters
For the supporter of students, the fee covers the access to workshops and presentations throughout the session, program materials day of schedule, access to any virtual recordings and presentation materials, meals (day 1: lunch and dinner), program staffing and access to the Pre and Post online orientation platform — The Transition Toolkit for Supporters. Note: Overnight accommodations is not included.
Virtual SLO Days for Supporters includes all of the above except meals and in-person interaction with staff.
- Transfer Students
For new transfer students, the Transfer SLO Days fee covers the access presentations, materials, schedule, program staffing, and access to the Pre and Post online orientation platform — The Transition Toolkit for New Transfer Students.
Frequently Asked Questions and Support
Do you have any questions? Our student leadership team has the answers. Please visit our FAQs webpage or email us at email@example.com
Previous SLO Days Highlights