Welcome to SLO Days 2022!
What is SLO Days?
Our Student Life Orientation or SLO Days is a program designed so students make connections with their peers and the Cal Poly campus in an immersive two-day orientation experience. Students will learn more about academics and campus support resourced available during their collegiate experience.
SLO Days Dates
- July 6-7 (Virtual)
- July 8-9 (In-Person)
- July 11-12 (In-Person)
- July 14-15 (In-Person)
- July 18-19 (In-Person)
- July 21-22 (In-Person)
- July 26-27 (In-Person)* (EOP)
- July 28-29 (Virtual)
- August 1-2 (In-Person)
- August 4-5 (In-Person)
- August 8-9 (In-Person)
- August 15-16 (Virtual)
- Supporter Sessions will be held the same dates as the student sessions for both virtual and in-person sessions
- *July 25-27
- Mustang Express (July 25) and July 26-27 (By invitation only for EOP and Cal Poly Scholars)
Transfer SLO Days:
- August 10 (virtual)
- August 11 (virtual)
Transfer sessions are pre-assigned based on major. Specific Major Breakdown per date will be Announced Wednesday, April 6th.
Cal Poly Scholars SLO Days:
- July 6-7 (virtual)
- July 8-9 (in-person)
- July 14-15 (in-person)
- July 21-22 (in-person)
- July 26-27 (in person with possible option of Mustang Express - this date is recommended for Scholars who are also participating in the Educational Opportunity Program)
Educational Opportunity Program
Learn more about Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) here.
- For students who have applied to EOP, we ask that you sign-up for SLO Days beginning Monday, April 18, 2022.
- Students accepted into EOP are expected to attend a designated SLO Days session. All selected participants will only be able to sign-up for these mandatory dates. For any questions regarding this, please contact EOP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have declined participation in EOP, please log back into your orientation account to find any incurred fees. This information can be accessed through the "Orientation Events" tab in your MyCalPoly Portal. A new price for SLO Days will be reflected in your account.
- Please note: This is an application-based program. All participants must have already applied to the Educational Opportunity Program though Cal State Apply and received acceptance. Students unsure of their status in EOP should check their email for notification or reach out to the program directly at email@example.com.
How to Register
SLO Days and Transfer Advising Days reservations will open on Wednesday, April 6, 2022. Please note that your date is not secured until we receive payment for your session.
Step 1: Accept Your Offer
Accept your Offer of Admission from Cal Poly through your Cal Poly Portal to secure your spot, which allows you to register for SLO Days and the Week of Welcome (WOW).
Step 2: Pick a Session Date
Select the date that you and your supporter(s) want to attend. Your date will not be secured until payment is received for your session. Please note that students in certain programs (e.g. Cal Poly Scholars, Educational Opportunity Program, etc.) may have preferred SLO Days sessions to attend.
Step 3: Register for SLO Days or Transfer Advising Days and WOW
To register, students can log into their Cal Poly Portal.
- Click on "Orientation Events" located on the right side of the portal.
- Then click on "Click here to sign up for Orientation 2022" to direct you to the registration site. You may also refer to your checklist, which can be found on your Cal Poly Portal.
Step 4: Prepare for the Event
Let's make sure you're ready to go!
SLO Days Fees
- First Year Students:
The fee for new first year students cover the access to workshops and presentations throughout the session, advising materials, day-of schedule, parking, meals (day 1: lunch, dinner; day 2: continental breakfast), one night of housing in the residence halls, program staffing and access to the Pre and Post online orientation platform – The Transition Toolkit for New First Year Students.
Virtual SLO Days for Students includes all of the above except meals, residence halls and in-person interaction with staff.
- Parents & Supporters:
For the supporter of students, the fee covers the access to workshops and presentations throughout the session, program materials day of schedule, access to any virtual recordings and presentation materials, meals (day 1: lunch and dinner), program staffing and access to the Pre and Post online orientation platform – The Transition Toolkit for Supporters. Note: Overnight accommodations is not included.
Virtual SLO Days for Supporters includes all of the above except meals and in-person interaction with staff.
For new transfer students, the Transfer SLO Days fee covers the access to workshops and presentations, materials, schedule, and program staffing.
- The Transition Toolkit
- Transfer Workshops (via Zoom) from July-September
- Virtual Transfer SLO Days
Frequently Asked Questions and Support
Do you have any questions? Our student leadership team has the answers. Please visit our FAQs webpage or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous SLO Days Highlights